All middle and high school girls looking ahead to college and beyond are invited to participate in a career and college forum hosted by the Girl Scouts of the Jersey Shore. During this town hall style meeting, girls will have the opportunity to speak with women professionals in the community about their experiences in college and as professional adults.
The career and college forum will take place Wednesday, October 19, at 6:30pm at the Girl Scouts’ Ocean Service Center located at 1405 Old Freehold Road, Toms River. The cost is $5 per participant. You do not need to be a Girl Scout to attend. Girls attending the event must be accompanied by an adult.
The eight professional women listed below are currently scheduled to attend. They represent a cross-section of careers and provide a wide variety of perspectives.
- Danielle Bagdzinski, Marketing Coordinator, Cowan, Gunteksi & Co., PA
- Jessie Bluvias, Environmental Scientist, Arcadis Environmental Consulting
- Lauren Holman, Audit Manager, Holman Frenia Allison, PC
- Alexandra Mazzucca and Cara Pescatore, Vegan Restaurant Owners, Seed to Sprout
- Jillian McLeer, Esq., Attorney, Ronan, Tuzzio & Giannone
- Sgt. Nicole McMinamin, Mortuary Affairs Specialist, Toms River Army Recruiting Center
- Kelly Murphy, Education Director, Crunch Fitness
- Jennifer Steider, Teacher, Jackson Township Schools
In addition, admission counselors from area colleges and universities will also be on hand to answer any questions attendees might have. Schools scheduled to attend are Brookdale Community College, Georgian Court University, Ocean County College and Rowan University.
For more information about the event or to register, visit jerseyshoregirlscouts.org/CareerNight.