Ten outstanding young professionals have been named 2017 recipients of the Girl Scouts of the Jersey Shore’s award for Phenomenal Women Under 40, sponsored by BlueClaws Charities. The award, better known as the Phenom Award, honors emerging, young, female leaders under the age of 40 from Monmouth and Ocean counties. It not only recognizes young, professional women for who they are, but also for the potential for what they might achieve in their futures.
“When our Girl Scouts look to the community for role models, we want to show them young women professionals who are making a difference today,” said Susan H. McClure, chief executive officer, Girl Scouts of the Jersey Shore. “Our Phenom Award recipients are fearless and daring leaders who set an example in everything they do. Their drive and determination make them excellent examples of women who aren’t afraid to try new things and who do whatever it takes to get the job done.”
Girl Scouts offers girls a one-of-a-kind opportunity to engage in leadership at the highest levels while addressing issues they feel passionately about. It is the only organization creating the female leadership pipeline for the next generation. Phenom Award recipients are examples of the go-getters, innovators, risk-takers, and leaders who inspire girls as they grow to live the Girl Scout mission and become women of courage, confidence and character, who will make the world a better place.
Phenom Award honorees will receive their award at a special cocktail reception at 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, September 14, at Park Pavilion, Seaside Park. Sponsorships and tickets to the event can be purchased online.
This year’s Phenom Award honorees are listed below. Full biographies of each honoree are available that highlight each woman's amazing accomplishments.
- Danielle Bagdzinski – Cowan, Gunteski, & Co. PA - Marketing Director
- Paige Baran - Hiering, Dupignac, Stanzione, Dunn & Beck, PC - Associate Attorney
- Carolyn Burtnick - Community Magazine - Editor-In-Chief
- Kelly Fliller - Jay & Linda Grunin Foundation - Director of Communications
- Allison Havemann-Niedrach - Thrive by Le-Vel - Brand Promoter
- Christina Lazaro - WithumSmith& Brown, PC - CPA, Manager
- Michelle Kelly - DW Smith Associates, LLC - Project Engineer
- Tracy Mutchiga - Ranney School - Director of Community Engagement
- Samantha Rice - Girl Scouts of the Jersey Shore - Communications Manager
- Jamie Stone - Lakewood BlueClaws - Marketing/ Events Promotions & Partnership Activation
If you have any questions about the event, or if you’d like more information about any of the honorees, contact Tara Novak, director of community development, by email at email@example.com or call (800) 785-2090.