2018 SANDY HOOK REGION SUMMER FUN CHALLENGE
IT'S BACK FOR 2018!
The 4th Annual Sandy Hook Summer Fun Challenge
THIS ACTIVITY IS OPEN TO GIRL SCOUTS FROM THE SANDY HOOK REGION
Get outside and enjoy all our local towns have to offer this summer!
Begins Memorial Day Weekend (May 25, 2018) and Ends on Labor Day (Sept. 3, 2018)
EARN THE FUN PATCH
Step 1: Decide Where to Go
- Look through our list of events and places to visit (see below).
- Events/places that are not in the Sandy Hook Region will not count toward the challenge.
- Complete 20 activities between Memorial Day & Labor Day. All numbered items count as 1 activity.
- Already have the patch? Complete 20 activities this summer to earn an add-on rocker. At least 15 activities must be new.
- 3RD & 4TH YEAR CHALLENGERS: only 15 activities/10 new are required.
Step 2: Take Photos
- Take a photo at each location; make sure that you are in it. Selfies are ok.
- Or take photos with Flat Juliette.
Step 3: Create a Photo Collage
- Creating a collage is easy! There are many different apps that you can download to your phone. Or use a free online collage site, such as photo-collage.net and photocollage.com.
Step 4: Notify Council
- Register for your patch /upload your collage by September 10. (Required)
- Don't register until you have completed the collage
- Post your collage, individual photos or videos on our Facebook page (optional)
Step 5: (Optional) Make suggestions
- Post suggestions of places or events to add to the list to www.facebook.com/SandyHookGirlScouts
These events* can be used toward the 2018 Sandy Hook Summer Fun Challenge:
- Summer events sponsored by any town, local library, etc. that takes place in the Sandy Hook Region.
- Events and activities that are sponsored by the Monmouth County Park System AND take place in the Sandy Hook Region
- Events and activities that take place at Gateway National Recreation Sandy Hook
- For those who did the challenge last year, all events count as new.
- Only events in the Sandy Hook Region can count toward the challenge. See below for a list of towns.
- Examples include: Parades, fireworks, outdoor movies, outdoor concerts, fishing derbies, farmers markets, festivals & fairs
* Like our Facebook page so you will know when we add any locations or events.
Always confirm prices, location, dates, times & cancellation policies.
Instructions and activities/events lists
Event Rules & List
Activities listed by town
- Entire List
- Bayshore (Hazlet, Keansburg, Keyport & Union Beach)
- Hartshorne (Atlantic Highlands, Highlands, Navesink & Sandy Hook)
- Aberdeen, Holmdel & Matawan
- Fair Haven, Monmouth Beach, Rumson, Sea Bright
- Eatontown, Red Bank, Shrewsbury, Tinton Falls
- Belford, Fairview, Leonardo, Lincroft, Middletown, North Middltown
List by categories
- Categories 1: Hiking/Playgrounds/Spraygrounds/Rainy Day/Of interest to Cadettes, Seniors & Ambassadors/Spend the Day
- Categories 2: Historic Sites
Towns in the Sandy Hook Region:
Aberdeen * Atlantic Highlands * Belford * Eatontown * Elberon * Fair Haven * Fairview * Hazlet * Highlands * Holmdel * Keansburg * Keyport * Leonardo * Lincroft * Little Silver * Long Branch * Matawan * Middletown * Monmouth Beach * Navesink * North Middletown * Oceanport * Port Monmouth * Red Bank * Rumson * Sandy Hook * Sea Bright * Shrewsbury* Tinton Falls * Union Beach