Juliette Gordon Low Society
Create a Legacy to Ensure the Future of Girl Scouting
As the founder of Girl Scouts, Juliette Gordon Low believed in the importance of continuing the Girl Scout mission so that all girls have the chance to succeed. The Girl Scouts of the Jersey Shore's Juliette Gordon Low Society recognizes and honors caring individuals who have made a commitment to ensure that girls will continue to benefit from the Girl Scout experience.
You are eligible to become a society member if you:
- Include the Girl Scouts of the Jersey Shore in your will.
- Name the Girl Scouts of the Jersey Shore as a full or partial beneficiary of a new or existing life insurance policy.
- Include the Girl Scouts of the Jersey Shore in a charitable trust, a gift annuity or the Girl Scouts of the USA's pooled income fund.
- Make a contribution of at least $2,500 to the council's Juliette Gordon Low Society endowment fund.
Membership Benefits Include:
- A Juliette Gordon Low pin and certificate.
- Invitations to special Girl Scout events.
- Recognition as a special friend and member of the JGL Society in council publications.
- Name engraved on our Giving Tree in the Ocean Service Center lobby.
- Recognition at the council’s spring awards and recognition ceremony.
How You Can Help
To become a member, simply notify the council of your donation. We understand your will is a confidential document. The council does not need to know the amount of your bequest or other planned gift. A planned gift to the Girl Scouts of the Jersey Shore can offer you many advantages, which may include estate or income tax benefits; variable or fixed income for your life or the life of someone you care about; capital gains savings, and the satisfaction of leaving behind a legacy that will ultimately benefit thousands of girls in Monmouth and Ocean counties.
Check with your attorney on the exact wording of your bequest or gift. Your attorney and/or financial advisor should be contacted for professional advice. The following information should be shared with your attorney, bank trust officer or other financial advisor. In official documents, please use: Girl Scouts of the Jersey Shore, Inc. We are a non-profit corporation of the State of New Jersey, having its principal office at 242 Adelphia Road, Farmingdale, NJ 07727.
For assistance and more information about joining the Juliette Gordon Low Society, please contact Madalaine Rice at (732) 349-4499, ext. 230.