The Girl Scouts of the Jersey Shore raised more than $44,000 while honoring 10 amazing women under the age of 40 at its second annual Phenom Awards. The award reception took place September 14 at that Park Pavilion in Seaside Park.
“The Phenom Awards recognize young, emerging female leaders under age 40 in Monmouth and Ocean counties,” explained Susan H. McClure, chief executive officer, Girl Scouts of the Jersey Shore. “The award recognizes each woman for not only who they are, but who the community thinks they’re poised to become.”
The 2017 Phenom Award recipients were:
- Danielle Bagdzinski – Cowan, Gunteski, & Co. PA - Marketing Director
- Paige Baran - Hiering, Dupignac, Stanzione, Dunn & Beck, PC - Associate Attorney
- Carolyn Burtnick - Community Magazine - Editor-In-Chief
- Kelly Fliller - Jay & Linda Grunin Foundation - Director of Communications
- Allison Havemann-Niedrach - Thrive by Le-Vel - Brand Promoter
- Christina Lazaro - WithumSmith& Brown, PC - CPA, Manager
- Michelle Kelly - DW Smith Associates, LLC - Project Engineer
- Tracy Mutchiga - Ranney School - Director of Community Engagement
- Samantha Rice - Girl Scouts of the Jersey Shore - Communications Manager
- Jamie Stone - Lakewood BlueClaws - Marketing/ Events Promotions & Partnership Activation
Every Phenom Award recipient was nominated by a member of the local business community. In addition to being successful, young professionals, they’re also well connected to the issues that face young women who are just now starting to prepare for college and careers.
Starting with girls in kindergarten Girl Scouts teaches the skills necessary for young girls to become strong, confident women who are phenomenal, regardless of the path they choose. By the time they graduate high school, Girl Scouts are better prepared for their futures than those who don’t participate in the Girl Scout program.
For more information about the Phenom Awards or program opportunities offered by the Girl Scouts of the Jersey Shore, contact Erick Rommel, chief communications officer, at (800) 785-2090, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.