Since 1932, the Juliette Low Seminar has offered an international leadership development program twice every three years with two parts:
- Part 1: Attend an international event for six and a half days with 40 – 60 of your Girl Guide and Girl Scout peers; explore ways to break gender barriers to leadership, develop your own leadership practice and create a plan to reach girls in your local community – all whilst having the adventure of a lifetime.
- Part 2: Use the plan you've created to complete your leadership project once you return home, share your knowledge and make an impact.
In 2019, for the first time, the Juliette Low Seminar will run simulatneously in 20 "hub" locations around the world, including here in the United States as well as all of the World Centers. From November 14-20, 2019, hundreds of members of WAGGGS (World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts) will come together across the globe, connected through technology, to discuss breaking gender barriers to leadership and becoming a change maker. This event will also give participants a sneak peek into the new WAGGGS leadership program that will be launched at the WAGGGS World Conference in 2020; we will also be exploring how people can approach leadership a bit differently and provide participants with a chance to delve into our model of leadership practice.
GSUSA is seeking 26 participants, age 18-30, for this exciting opportunity. Participants will meet their Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting peers in a unique environment, explore how to actively tackle gender barriers to leadershp, and bring about positive change for girls in their community when they return. If selected, applicants will be matched to an international hub location. Please Note: Applicants under age 20 will only be considered for the US hub location.
To apply for the Juliette Low Seminar, applicants must also be (or become) a member of GSUSA's Global Leadership Opportunties (GLO) pool and have their application approved by the council's CEO. GLO applications must be received by the council no later than Monday, December 17, 2018, in order to receive council approval prior to the Juliette Low Seminar application submission deadline.
Submission instruction: PLease email approved GLO applications and completed Juliette Low Seminar applications to GSUSA no later than Friday, December 28, 2018.
If you’re looking for ways to participate without travelling very far, GSUSA is also seeking applications for National Facilitators and Service Team Members for the USA hub location – Edith Macy Conference Center. To apply, you must be part of the GLO (Global Leadership Opportunities Pool) or be a National Volunteer Partner. The deadline to apply for these positions has been extended to Friday, December 14.
Please contact the council
with any questions by email or by calling (800) 785-2090.
Downloadable Information and Applications
- Global Leadership Opportunities Application
- Juliette Low Seminar 2019 Application
- Juliette Low Seminar FAQs
- Juliette Low Seminar National Facilitator Application
- Juliette Low Seminar National Service Team Application