- Talk about how older adults may be experiencing feelings of loneliness and isolation, compounded by COVID-19 restrictions.
- Have the troop set a goal for the number of Cupid Crew valentine cards to create.
Valentine’s Day is the perfect opportunity for you and your troop to reach out and show others that you care—especially those who may be alone on a day that’s all about connection!
This year, Girl Scouts is teaming up with Wish of a Lifetime from AARP for Cupid Crew 2021, a volunteer-driven effort to create cards and safely send some love to tens of thousands of older adults who are socially isolated. Locally, we have partnered with Caregiver Volunteers of Central Jersey to coordinate the delivery of cards to seniors across Monmouth and Ocean counties.
Even though we have to keep a safe distance, your troop can help spread joy to thousands of older adults across the country by writing Valentine’s Day cards as part of the Cupid Crew national service project.
Here's How It Works!
1. Discuss the Cupid Crew national service project with your troop.
2. Create your valentines.
3. Decide where to send your troop’s cards.
4. Make a plan to send or deliver your Cupid Crew cards.
5. Share A Note With Staff
Once your troop has completed this service project, remember to:
- Inspire others to give back! Post a photo of your troop, your cards, or your delivery to your social networks using the hashtags #GirlScoutsGiveBack and #CupidCrew. Be sure to tag @girlscoutsjs, @girlscouts and @wishofalifetime too!
- After your troop has completed your cards, share your story with GSUSA to help track Girl Scouts’ nationwide impact through service.
- If you wish to recognize your troop’s participation with a patch, we recommend this Girl Scouts Give Back patch.
For all National Service Project activities taking place during COVID-19, please make sure that your troop complies with health and safety guidelines given by the CDC, your local government, and your local Girl Scout council.
Check out the resources for this project:
Wish of a Lifetime from AARP’s mission is to shift the way society views and values our oldest generations by fulfilling seniors’ dreams and sharing their stories to inspire those of all ages. Learn more about Wish of a Lifetime from AARP or follow @wishofalifetime on social media.
Girl Scouts thanks Sodexo Seniors for their continued support of our national service projects.