Camp Song Contest
Girl Scouts of the Jersey Shore is hosting a Camp Song Contest and it’s your opportunity to BE THE STAR! After all, who doesn't love to sing around the campfire?!
No matter your connection to Girl Scouts (a troop, summer camp, individual programs and activities, or even if you’re new to Girl Scouts), this contest is for YOU!
What You Get!
- Every participant will receive:
- a custom commemorative patch
- a digital songbook!
- In collaboration with Jersey Mikes Subs, the first 50 families to register and submit their song entry will receive a coupon for a lunch/dinner meal, which will include one regular sub, one bag of chips, and one fountain soda.
- Grand Prize winner will receive a bag loaded with CAMP SWAG or a S’MORE’S KIT! It's your choice!
- Contest ends on July 31th
- One registration per participant
- Be sure to provide a copy of your written lyrics as well as the name of the original song, so we may include them in our songbook!
- One Grand Prize winner only!
- All lyrics must be Rated G for all listening audiences
- Song length should be no longer than two minutes
- Children of all ages and/or Girl Scout levels are welcome to participate!
- You may create either your own lyrics AND melody, or you may create your own lyrics and put them to your favorite song melody
Tips and Suggestions
- Start by introducing yourself and letting us know what your inspiration was for your song. If you are a current Girl Scout, let us know what Region or town you are from, what level, and your Troop number
- ADULT PARTICIPATION IS ENCOURAGED! Have one special adult (or more!) who is with you, join you in the video!
- All entrants agree to have their songs included in a digital songbook.
- Winner agrees to have their songs sung at camp and at other Girl Scout activities and events
- Be creative and give it a shot! As they say, “You have to be in it, to win it”!
A registration fee of $5.00 includes a custom commemorative patch and a digital songbook. Girl Scouts of the Jersey Shore will post the contest winners on our website and our Social Media pages on August 16th!
We can’t wait to watch you shine!
After you register your receipt will include instructions for how to upload your video.