Girl Scouts offers boundless benefits to homeschooling families, including the family of Marianne Cawley. She's a homeschool parent and Girl Scout troop leader. She says Girl Scouts offers her daughter solid friendships, educational opportunities, and the right tools to achieve her goals.
There are so many ways to be a Girl Scout! She can go to summer camp, sell cookies, work on badges and Journeys, or attend council-sponsored events. Plus, you can mix and match Girl Scout badges with the curriculum you are using!
The content of all Girl Scout national proficiency badges and Journeys have been correlated by grade level to National Common Core Standards, 21st Century Skills Standards, Financial Literacy Education Standards, and curriculum for all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
The flexibility of Girl Scouts is a perfect fit for families that homeschool. You can join a Girl Scout troop or independently create your own schedule as a Girl Scout Juliette.
A Juliette is a girl who participates in Girl Scouts as an individual member. If you choose to be a Juliette, you can participate in special events, earn awards, camp, and even sell Girl Scout Cookies! You can select as many or as few activities that interest you and fit your schedule.
Benefits of Girl Scouts for Homeschoolers
- Group activities help her develop strong social skills and make new friends
- The Girl Scouts Leadership Experience sets her up for a lifetime of success
- Girl Scouts programming focuses on four pillars: STEM, outdoors, life skills, and entrepreneurship
- Much of her badge work (Journeys, too!) can count as school
- You and your girl can meet families from different backgrounds
- Girl Scouts curriculum and programming is flexible, so you can create an experience that fits your needs and interests
Homeschool families that are not yet registered are invited to attend one of three parties.
While your girl enjoys her virtual party, we'll get to know you and share ideas about how Girl Scouts can supercharge her life.
Can't attend one of our parties? Let's make a date to talk Girl Scouts!
If you have questions, don't hesitate to call 800-785-2090. If you are ready to join, we look forward to beginning your Girl Scout journey.
Let's talk About Girl Scouts
Meet Marianne Cawley
Girl Scout Leader and Homeschool Parent