Do something on your own?
The Girl Scouts of the Jersey Shore are
awesome and do fabulous service projects in their own communities and
beyond. If you want to make a difference, from start to finish, on
your own, without connecting with another organization check out these
ideas for your community.
- Make valentines for senior citizens.
- Donate kids’
craft kits to a local children’s hospital.
- Organize a food
drive in your neighborhood.
- Plan an afternoon of fun:
crafts, a movie and popcorn afternoon, or a kickball tournament at a
children’s home. Plan a day of fun!
- Collect school supplies
and donate to the United Way’s campaign before school year
- Bring gently used board games and decks of cards to a
local homeless shelter.
- Volunteer at an animal shelter-
play with the dogs and cats, help to brush them, and clean up after
- Go through the books you’ve grown out of and donate
them to the waiting room of a local dentist or doctor.
extra fruit and vegetables in your garden to donate to a food
- Work with your friends to make a “New Student” guide to
your town that includes your favorite parks, a map of the
neighborhood, and fun things to do.
- Plant a garden or tree
that your school or neighborhood can enjoy.
bike-riding and carpooling at your school to reduce traffic and air