Welcome to the great adventure that is Girl Scouting! Thanks to volunteers and mentors like you, generations of girls have learned to be leaders in their own lives and in the world. Have no doubt: you, and nearly a million other volunteers like you, are helping girls make a lasting impact on the world. And we thank you from the bottom of our hearts!
This guide, Volunteer Essentials, is designed to support busy troop volunteers on the go. You can easily find what you need to get started on your Girl Scout journey and search for answers throughout the troop year.
Get started by browsing through these sections:
New troop leader? We’ve got you covered. Check out the Leader’s Guide to Success, a resource designed especially for you!
Whatever your volunteer position, your hard work means girls will embark on new adventures, make friendships that last a lifetime, and deepen their connection to their community and the world. We’re calling on all members of society to help girls reach their full potential, and you’ve answered that call. So thank you, from the bottom of our hearts!
Important Contact Information:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 785-2090 and make sure to follow us on social media:
Procedures for a serious accident or crisis:
- Call 911 for emergency assistance
- Do not disturb the accident scene
- If trained, provide care to injured
- Report emergency to GSJS: During business hours (Mon-Thurs 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; Fri 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.), call the toll-free number, (800) 785-2090.
- Do not discuss the incident or make any statements to the media.
- Do not surrender permission slips or medical records to the authorities.
New troop leader? We’ve got you covered. Check out the New Leader’s Guide to Success, a resource designed especially for you! Plus, council staff and volunteer coaches are ready to help throughout your first year and beyond!