2021-2022 Operational Unit Delegate Process
There are many ways to volunteer with Girl Scouts in addition to being a troop leader. One great opportunity that requires a minimal time commitment is the role of Operational Unit Delegate.
Serving as an Operational Unit Delegate is a great way to have your
views shared with the council's Board of Directors and it is a great
addition to college applications for teen Girl Scouts.
Any registered member, 14 years and older, may become an operational
unit delegate. Mother/Daughter delegates are welcome!
Operational Unit Delegates are the liaisons between the board of
directors, council staff and the constituents they represent.
A delegate's responsibilities include:
- Attends the Annual Delegate Meeting * (Wednesday, May 11, 2022) and Delegate Forums:
- Fall Delegate Forum: November 10, 2021, 6:00pm-8:00pm, TBD
- Spring Delegate Forum: March 30, 2022, 6:00pm-8:00pm, TBD
- Offers input to the Board of Directors through discussions at the Delegate Forums and the Annual Delegate Meeting.
- Votes on issues affecting the entire Council and reports results back to the Operational Unit membership.
- Maintains communication with Operational Unit membership.
Click here to download the complete Operational Unit Delegate job description
Apply here to be an Operational Unit Delegate. - Deadline October 15th, 2021