Click here for a list of delegate materials available for download, including the delegate proposal form and a national delegate position description
Girl Scouts of the Jersey Shore Delegate Process
There are two different types of Girl Scout delegates: council delegates and national delegates.
Council Delegates have the right to vote at the council’s annual meeting on items such as electing officers, considering amendments to council bylaws, and key issues affecting the council and Girl Scouts of the USA, and other business appropriate for the meeting.
National Delegates attend the GSUSA national session which is held every three years to vote on proposals and constitutional changes, be the voice of the council for membership, help set the strategic direction, and help establish requirements for credentials.
Regional Delegates are responsible for presenting the needs and concerns of the membership to the council Board of Directors. A delegate's responsibility is to:
- Sign the position agreement.
- Take Regional Delegate training.
- Attend the Annual Delegate Meeting (Wednesday, May 8, 2019) and Delegate Forums.
- Offer input to the Board of Directors through discussions at the Delegate Forums and the Annual Delegate Meeting.
- Vote on issues effecting the entire Council and reports results back to the Regional membership.
- Maintain communication with Regional membership.
- Click here to download the complete regional delegate job description
Congratulations to the following delegates elected for the 2018-2019 Girl Scout year.
Sandy Hook Region
Shore Pines Region
Sunset Shores Region
Upcoming Delegate Meetings
- Wednesday, October 24 - Fall Delegate Forum - Farmingdale
- Date TBD - Spring Delegate Forum
- Wednesday, May 8, 2019
- Annual Delegate Meeting - PAC at 7:00pm
2017-2020 National Delegates
The National Council of Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA) comes together in session every three years and consists of delegates elected by Girl Scout councils, delegates representing lone troops outside the United States (USA Girl Scouts Overseas), members of the National Board of Directors and the National Nominating Committee, past presidents of GSUSA and other persons who may be elected by the National Council. Delegates serve a three-year term and must be registered members of GSUSA and 14 years old or older.
The national delegates for the Girl Scouts of the Jersey Shore are:
- Joyce Anderson
- Rachel Castellon
- Rhonda Collins
- Erin Foreman
- Sarah Jeffers
- Fran Keane
- Shreya Naraparaju