The Fall Product Sale is a council-sponsored program that combines educational activities with money earning opportunities for troops. The Fall Product Sale is directed toward family and friends, those closest to Girl Scouting, and enables troops to earn start-up money by selling nuts, candy and magazine subscriptions.
Thank you for supporting Girl Scouts through the Fall Product Sale Program!
The Fall Product Program is a fun way for girls to earn money to support their dreams. It and the Girl Scout Cookie Program are part of a hands-on leadership and financial literacy program unlike any other in the world. Girls gain essential skills, not from a book, but from real-life experiences building a strong foundation for success.
Participation teaches Girl Scouts five skills to help them grow into leaders in their own life, in business and in the world:
- Goal Setting: Sets cookie sales goals individually and, with her team, creates a plan to reach them. She develops cooperation and team-building skills all along the way.
- Decision Making: Helps decide how her team spends their cookie money, furthering critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Money Management: Takes cookie orders, handles customers’ money and gains valuable and practical life skills around financial literacy.
- People Skills: Learns how to talk to, listen to and work with all kinds of people while selling cookies. These experiences help her develop healthy relationships and conflict resolution skills that she can use throughout her life.
- Business Ethics: Be honest and responsible at every step of the cookie sale. Her business ethics reinforce the positive values she is developing as a Girl Scout.